In the trees, in the breeze… seek nature’s peace and bliss.
Hello, everyone! Here’s a travel guide for those who have been asking us how to get to Coal Mountain Resort in Argao, Cebu. You can click here if you want to hear our story about our wonderful experience in the resort.
Where: The resort is hidden in Barangay Linut-od, Argao, Cebu — a one-hour bumpy motorcycle ride from the town proper.
How to get there: Argao is located in the southeastern part of the province, approximately 67 kilometers from Cebu City.
- You can reach the town by taking a bus bound to Dalaguete or Alcoy from the Cebu South Bus Terminal. Tell the driver to drop you off at the town proper of Argao. Travel time would take you around one to two hours, bus fare — Php70.
- From there, hail a habal-habal (motorcycle) to take you to Barangay Linut-od. Travel time is approximately one hour, fare is Php130 (one way) for daytrip. We suggest you book for a back and forth ride because motorcycle going back to the town is scarce in the resort.
What to expect: You can learn about what we did in the resort by clicking the highlighted word. :* Click me!!!
- The resort has three swimming pools — mango-shaped is 4ft, heart-shaped is 7ft, largest pool is 16ft and has 7ft general depth. In order to get to the third pool, one should walk through the hanging bridge.
- They also offer aerial adventures like zip-lining and cable car riding.
- The resort has a coal mining demo which allows guests to explore a sample of a coal mine tunnel that stretches up to 145 meters long and is 70 feet below the ground.
- There is also a mini zoo in the resort which showcase different bird species, snakes, ostriches, monkeys and more.
Accommodations and Such:
- They have deluxe rooms good for two to four people with airconditioner, private bathroom with hot and cold shower, and local television. (Php2500/night)
- The resort also has family rooms for group of 6 to 10 people. (Php1500/night)
- There are nipa huts for rent, too. It can house 4 to 6 people. (Php1000)
- One can opt to pitch tents in the camping area as well.
- The resort also has a function hall that could accommodate 40 to 50 people. (Php1000/day)
- They also have a multi-purpose covered court for team building activities. (Php1500)
- For food, they don’t have corkage fees except for softdrinks and beers. The resort also has a restaurant where you can order farm-to-table meal. We personally suggest you try their sinigang soup (it’s savory).
Who to contact:
- For motorcycle service we suggest our awesome driver Kuya Elias. Reach him through this number: 0908 778 8701. You can negotiate the fare with him if you wish to stay overnight in the resort.
- For bookings and other resort information, you can contact them at 0918 965 6081.
Tips and Reminders:
- Book your rooms at least a week ahead. The resort is usually full on weekends.
- Always ask the locals if your traveling on a private car because the road to the resort is confusing as there were no signs. Ask, ask and ask.
- The road going there is bumpy and requires a skilled driver. We personally suggest our driver for you.
- We suggest you bring a jacket if you wish to star-gaze at night because the temperature drops real low when the evening comes.
- VERY IMPORTANT!!! The rates and fees above are based on our visit last February 17, 2017. It may change without prior notice. Feel free to notify us if there were any changes.
Love her, but leave her wild.
~~ Articus, To Kill A Mockingbird
2 thoughts on “Travel Guide | Coal Mountain Resort”
This will surely be a help Madz. Thank you so much for being kind to share all the necessary information about this Resort. I’ll certainly visit here soon.
LikeLiked by 1 person
We’re glad you find this guide helpful, Padz. You won’t regret visiting the place. 😀